Social and health care services
From 1 January 2023 onwards, Ylöjärvi’s social and health care services will be provided by Pirkanmaa wellbeing services county.
Among others, the social and health care services include the following:
- appointments with nurses and doctors, as well as inpatient care at the health centre and hospitals
- emergency medical care (ambulances)
- dental care
- maternity and child health clinics
- mental health and substance abuse services
- social work
- child welfare
- housing services for the elderly
- home care
- services for the disabled
- school welfare officers and psychologists.
Pirkanmaa wellbeing services county’s website
Information about COVID-19
The guidelines and recommendations about the coronavirus and vaccinations can be found on the website of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare.
Coronavirus COVID-19 – Latest Updates
In case of emergency, call 112
There is only one emergency number in Finland, 112. Please do not call the emergency number unless you have a genuine emergency for which you need urgent assistance by the police, paramedics, firefighters or social services.
Trained ERC operators in six emergency response centres answer the emergency calls made in mainland Finland. Calls are answered with the words ‘Hätäkeskus, Nödcentralen’.
Please listen carefully to the operator’s instructions, and give short and clear answers to their questions.