Ylöjärvi has three libraries with high-quality services: the main library, Leija, as well as two local libraries in Kuru and Viljakkala. In addition to these, the city is served by mobile library Reppu. Library collections and access to libraries are free to all.
In order to use a library, you need a library card. Your first card is free, but the subsequent ones cost two euros.
Ylöjärvi’s city library is part of the PIKI system shared by the public libraries in all of the municipalities in Pirkanmaa. You can renew your loans, reserve material and update your customer details in the online library by using your library card and PIN number.
- Main library Leija has a diverse selection of literature for people of all ages, as well as records, sheet music, films, musical instruments, magazines, newspapers, games and sports equipment.
- In addition to its library and information services, Kuru library offers help and advice as the City of Ylöjärvi’s service point.
- Similarly, Viljakkala library provides library services and guidance on the City’s services.
- Apart from the normal opening hours, Kuru and Viljakkala libraries are open as self-service libraries early in the morning, in the evenings and at weekends. In order to use the self-service library, you need a library card and PIN number.
- Mobile library Reppu has literature for adults, young people and children, magazines, audio books, CDs and DVD films for people of all ages.
- All PIKI libraries have meeting rooms available for advance booking, as well as facilities for art exhibitions and digitalisation, and copy machines. In addition to that, Leija offers 3D printing.
Events at the library
Libraries hold various events for residents of all ages. Children’s events include story times, reading-to-pets activities, theatre performances and concerts.